Specifically designed using direct feedback from meat packing plant professionals.
The Fatigue Separator is designed to help hogs that have grown tired on their journey stay safe on load in and load out. Every year between 800,000 and 1,000,000 hogs become non ambulatory from fatigue or injury during transport or during the unloading Process. Some hogs become fatigued because of the stress of loading and unloading them on trucks going to market. The vast majority of non-ambulatory or fatigued hogs recover with rest and are processed without affecting food safety or meat quality.
5 FEET LONG
2 FEET DEEP
32 INCHES TALL
STRONG 100% ALUMINUM FRAME
LIGHTWEIGHT (34 POUNDS) BUT BUILT TO LAST THE TEST OF TIME
NOISE-REDUCING UMD SKIDS PREVENT UNDUE ANIMAL STRESS
Designed and constructed with specific professional input from packing plant experts to exceed industry standard of humane treatment of fatigued and injured animals.
- Protects the welfare of the animals that are being transported.
- Minimize risk of monetary loss from non-ambulatory livestock.
- Minimize legal liability risk for your company and/or the company transporting the livestock.
- Avoid costly carcass trim loss, bruising, and disposal fees.
- Regulations of this act are enforced by the Secretary of Agriculture.
- Non-complaince with the DAPA may result in costly fines and other penalties.
- Requires non-ambulatory animals to be humanely euthanized.
- Ensures that non-ambulatory animals do not enter the food chain.
- Non-ambulatory pigs often result in increased labor cost as they are more difficult to handle.
- Pork quality defects can tarnish your brand and weaken vendor relationships.
- Inhumane treatment of animals may result in public relations issues that create a negative public perception.